Friday, September 1, 2017

My Kraft+ DT September Challenge Reveal - "BUZZ"


Hello to all my Scrappy Friends!

Sandra Wallace has come up with the most amazing September Challenge at Kraft+,
and how gorgeous are the graphics by Amanda Hall.


What's the Buzz


 My Design Team layout 

{BUZZ}


When I first saw this challenge I knew exactly what photo I wanted to scrap...learning more about my camera and playing around with a macro lens, I went out into the garden and found this little bee buzzing around happily from flower to flower...after 20 or more photos ( I'm sure he was thinking I just wish she would piss off ) I came inside and put them up on the big screen....It was such a BUZZ... to see this one come up....well I loved it! And this is the one I wanted to scrap!!!
There is another story behind this layout....I had this layout sitting there and then I started overthinking things and thought No I need to scrap something different...shuffling through photos, papers etc I had another 2 more on the go....yeah crazy I know...I wasted a whole day and achieved absolutely nothing...was so cross with myself....next morning I got up and stuck the bee one down...5 mins later a dear friend called in to see me ( someone you all know very well...) and she set me straight.. Thanks Sandra. Lesson to myself...spot overthinking go with your first thought/idea.
My design was inspired by Amanda's beautiful graphics




To make the background I added some black Gesso randomly to a 
Hexagon Crafters workshop template.
Then I added some Kraft cut hexagons over the top...design inspired by the graphics.


A close up of the title "Buzz" and the beautiful quote.
"The hum of BEES is the voice of the garden"


More of the background design with the pops of yellow hexagon  and small black hexagons.


Showing the twirl of thread running down the page.


Check out the Design Teams inspiration here.

I would really love to see  you play along and show us how you interpret this challenge.
You can share your project on the Kraft+ Facebook page
BUT remember you MUST link your project to the Kraft+ blog
so you are eligible to win a  prize from the generous sponsors.
Thank you for stopping by and for the kind comments you leave.  



Janice xx

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh I have done that too.. sat there thinking and not getting anything done!! Just stick it down I tell myself.. but what if it would look better another way I ask? hehe... oh yeah I been there!!! I love your take on the challenge, the bee is the center and star of your page, I love the simple stencilling too.. a great inspiration for this months challenge!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING all the hexagons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Oh I hear you about wasting the whole day dithering from one idea to the other. Luckily you had someone to talk you through it, because this is a stunner. A great macro and the background supports it perfectly. Stunning work.

Val-Belle said...

WOW! This layout packs such a punch. That photo is stunning too... Great job with the challenge. I really love this.

Dolly B said...

This looks wonderful and what a fabulous photo. Glad I'm not the only one that can waste a whole day and overthink things. Your layout is beautiful
Mary x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...