Sunday, September 17, 2017


Happy Birthday
Nan  -  100

Hello friends!
Today I am sharing an easel card with you all. 



 I was asked to make a card for a very special lady who is turning 100 today.
 Her favourite colour is blue.
My inspiration for this came from the very talented Heather Jacob.
Stash busting again using some Beautiful Maja Design papers. I made the blue layers by cutting rectangles and using a circle punch to round the corners, then stitched each piece.  I used a cricut to cut the doily and the leaves and a Fiskas punch for the lacey strip. I coloured the heart with some Tattered Angels glimmermist and stitched the thread through it. I added a few roses and rosebuds, some Twiddlybitz chipboard pieces and thread to make the clusters. Was good to get the punches back out and use them again and I am slowly using up my TA mists.

If you feel inspired to create an easel card just google "How to make an Easel Card" for instructions....so easy to make, yet very effective..... add as much or a little as you want.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I  Love reading all your kind comments.

Janice xx


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!! And Happy birthday to her! What a MILESTONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

A beautiful and elegant card in my favourite colour. Love the layering and texture and the Maja papers are absolutely gorgeous. That little heart creates the perfect focal point. Lovely work Janice - thanks for the inspiration.

Lizzyc said...

What a beautiful card, and what an amazing milestone too..

Val-Belle said...

WOW! 100 that is quite some age :D I am sure that she was delighted with her card. It is beautiful and of course my fave papers and colour. Love all the layers and clever little bits. Beautiful Janice <3

Dolly B said...

A beautiful card and 100 ! what a milestone.
Mary x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...