Saturday, September 6, 2014

Design Team Post for 2Crafty Chipboard

Welcome to my blog!

 
This is my September Design Team post at 2Crafty Chipboard.
Hello 2Craftyfans!
Janice here with you today to share my September projects.

My 1st layout  I created for  the SIWA Chipboard Challenge.
Created using  loads of my favourite Chipboard.

This is what it looks like.

"you"

 2Crafty Chipboard pieces:
Funky Heart
 Snowball Tree
Tiny Feathers
2014
Circle Revolution Frames
Alpha Set 1 - you

TIP: use a small foam paint roller to evenly prime all the chipboard pieces with gesso.
Once dry, I used a white spray paint to coat all the chippie pieces. 
2014 was coloured with Versa Colour Ink


 My trade mark Funky Heart- Coloured white and wrapped with embroidery thread.

 How gorgeous is this Snowball tree....I love it.
This was primed with gesso, allowed to dry, then sprayed with white paint
 and lightly coloured with ink.
I have added 3 of the gorgeous tiny feathers to the top of the cluster...again they were
primed with gesso, allowed to dry and sprayed with white paint. A touch of colour was
 added using inks with my fingertips and a paint brush

These letters were selected from the   - Alpha Set 1 - "you".
They are the perfect size  to make a title for my layout.
Firstly primed with gesso, allowed to dry, then coloured with Ink, hi lighted by
 adding a different shade to one side of the letter and layered up to add some dimension.


The second layout I am sharing  today is called.....
 
"happy"

 2Crafty Chipboard Pieces:
Revolution Circle Frames
2014
Funky Heart
6x6 theme sheet-summertime- happy
Leafy Twig Branch
Retro Stems

 I chose all my chippie pieces and primed them with a clear gesso.
Once dry, I coloured them with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress ink and
 Versa Fine Black ink & I used pop dots to add dimension and layers.

 The Circle Revolution Frames are gorgeous.
I have added a chippie and bloom cluster  and wound several layers of thread around the frame.
Another gorgeous piece is the Retro Stems....I have glued a small one to the layout
and cut the larger one in half and added it in different places on the frame.
I loved the happy font....I covered it with Black ink. This was selected from a  
6x6 summertime pack of words, such a great pack containing several words with different fonts. On the website, look in the 6x6 chipboard themed sheets.....there are so many to choose from.

I love this big Funky Heart.
This was simply covered with Black ink and wrapped with embroidery thread 
and surrounded by flowers and layered  using pop dots.


A grungy boys page is my third share today.

"tradie"

 2Crafty Chipboard Pieces:
Chevron Bits
Polaroid Frames
Cog Border
Tool Set
2013

 I couldn't resist when I saw this Cog Border and Tool Set.
 I knew they would be perfect for my boys tradie layout.
Again all the chippie pieces were coated with clear gesso,
allowed to dry and then coloured with various Inks.
The Cog Border was coloured with Tim Holtz Distressed Inks-Gathered Twigs,
Black Soot and Rusty Hinge. Versa Colour Inks added more colour-Silver, Charcoal and Topaz.

How cool are the Tools from the Tool Set.
The screwdriver was coloured with Versa Colour  Silver Ink and grunged up with a touch  of Charcoal ink. The handle was covered in Black ink and coated with Dimensional Magic.

The Chevron Bits were coloured the same way as the Cog Border.


2013- coloured the same as above.
These dates are perfect for your layouts and each piece contains about 10 dates.
You can see a date on each of my layouts. Date on your layouts are important
and this is such an easy way to do it.I love them.


Two Polaroid Frames were overlapped to Frame the photo.
One was coloured with Silver ink and grunged up by smearing Charcoal Ink over it with my finger. The other Frame was coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Rusty Hinge. and the edges were Inked with Black Ink.
When my layout was complete I used a piece of paper to cover the photo and flicked
some Black Tattered Angels Glimmermist around, just to grunge it up a bit more.
I have pushed Brads through the Chipboard Frames to hold the Tools
Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you  feel inspired to add some of this Gorgeous 2Crafty Chipboard to your
next creation, be it a layout, card, tag or an Off The Page item.
Remember to share your creation on the 2Crafty Facebook page, we love to see your work.
Happy Scrapping!
Janice xx

And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Dolly B said...

Janice these are beautiful. I love the design of your first layout and the layering of the strips and that chippy looks divine ( I have that one and now I am inspired to use it) Gorgeous colour palette. Second layout is beautiful and the third I love the grungy, boy feeling and how the cogs etc really make you feel the grease and grime of a workshop. They are all super layouts
Mary

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* these are all gorgeous!!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Three gorgeous projects Janice. I love the soft green and pink with the snowball chippie and feathers on the first one. The background paper on the middle one is perfect to anchor the black frame and yummy retro stems. And the grungy theme with your tradie is so clever. I see you sneaked a little heart in there above the i in the title. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Lizzyc said...

These are all so amazingly created.. love em all.. the tradie one is fabulous too!

Val-Belle said...

Three gorgeous and such different layouts. Love the first one the colour is just gorgeous. The chippie on the second one is fabulous. Love it. And the masculine layout is just such fun. Love them all.

Paper Attic said...

Great projects Janice! You are so super talented with chipboard, the way you alter them and use them in your layouts are just marvelous!!! I love them all but I really love happy with the circles and I love the grungy one with all the tools...really well done!!! Thanks for dropping by my blog! take care, Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...