Friday, May 2, 2014

Scrap It With Attitude May DT Card

 Hello Everyone!!
Today I am sharing my May Scrap It With Attitude Design Team project
 
Design Team member Fiona, has inspired us  this month with this  gorgeous colour palette
Pop into the SIWA Facebook page and check out the fabulous inspiration from the other DT girls.
 
 
I decide to try something a little, well very different actually.
I love mixed media, I love watching girls create using mixed media and they make it look so easy..... but it just doesn't seem to work for me...I just cannot get it to look right...but I loved having a crack!!  This almost ended up in the bin......still not sure about it!!
 
Here is my take on the colour palette and its May and that means Mothers Day.
 I  have made a card for my Mum for Mothers Day.
{mum}
and my message inside reads:
Dear Mum,
Someone as Special as you shouldn't have to wait until Mothers Day to get the attention you deserve, but that's what usually happens.
 All my life, I've been able to count on you-to listen, to understand, to love me, even at my most unlovable.
You're the kind of Mother other Mothers strive to be and I feel Lucky you're mine.
So, though I may neglect to tell you as often as I should,
 don't ever think for a moment that I don't appreciate you....
because as far as I'm concerned you're the best there is...
Love you lots Mum xx
 
Happy Mothers Day to all the Beautiful Mums for Sunday 11th of May
 
Thanks for stopping by and Thanks for your beautiful words.
 Janice xx


7 comments:

bel said...

That mood board is gorgeous
And I agree with you.
I love looking at mixed media but when it comes to me doing it it just looks ... Well not like theirs!! Lol
This card is beautiful. The colours are my favourites. I'm so glad this didn't end up in the him!! Actually it's such a shame you have to give it away!! But at least it's going to your beautiful mum

SueP said...

Oh that is beautiful Janice. What a gorgeous card you have created and beautiful special words inside about your Mum. Hope you have a lovely day next weekend too Janice.xx

Lizzyc said...

I am so glad you did not bin this. It is amazing! Your Mum will love it, especially as it has such beautiful message on the inside too.. and I feel like i am such a learner with mixed media too, even though I watch so many videos about it.. they make it look easy enough, but when it comes to doing it, it takes a bit more skill!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the colors and the butterfly!!!!!

Dolly B said...

Just Gorgeous Janice and what you wrote inside is just beautiful, Your Mum will love this so much
Maryx

Helen Wallace said...

I know what you mean Janice. Many of mine go in the bin too. But I'm glad you shared this one with the glorious colours and the heartwarming words. I think if a child of mine wrote that to me, I would consider I'd done a great job of Mothering. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful card...I think it turned out spledidly! Often we are our own worst critics!!!! LOL...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...