Saturday, January 21, 2017

D-Lish Scraps - this life is pretty good



                                              My first time playing along here at D-Lish Scraps.
I loved  the Inspiration Board, the bright fresh colour palette and the fabulous sketch.

Here it is!

....and here is my take using the colour palette and the sketch.
I love working with a sketch and interpreting it  to suit my style.

{this life is pretty good}

The colours are so bright, fresh and summery and this photo of Matthew fishing on our  recent boating trip in his coloured shorts was perfect.. We had such a great day.


 A fabulous 2Crafty Chipboard pieces altered using Versa Colour Inks.


 A close up of some of the smaller details.


Flowers, blooms, doily, 2Crafty Chipboard, thread, washi tape, paper strips, puffy stickers.



   It was such a fun challenge to play along with.
Working with colour challenges can sometimes be hard, but if you pick out a predominant colour you can them add smaller  touches of the other colours. Here I have used more of the blue/green colours as the main elements and added touches of the corals and yellows.

Thanks for the inspiration D-Lish Scraps.

Thanks for stopping by!
Your kind words are much appreciated.

Enjoy your weekend!

Janice xx

Our randomly selected winner is ...


Congrats Janice! Please email me your postal details so I can get your 'Fresh Cut' JAP Kit in the post to you. 


Thrilled to be the random winner. The JAP kit was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you D-Lish Scraps.

6 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

Bright, colourful and oh so Summery. Lovely take on the sketch and the colours Janice. That Summer chippie is gorgeous. Lovely work.

Lizzyc said...

Really lovely summery layout! Perfect photo!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Val-Belle said...

This is such a bright, summery and above all cheerful layout. I just love it

Margaret Mifsud said...

What a gorgeous take on the board Janice!! Such a bright and summery page .. absolutely love it!!!

Dolly B said...

Thhis layout is STUNNING, it really pops out at you and I LOVE your design. Such a bright ,summer layout . (although we are getting a little too much summer at the moment & never thought I would say that )
Maryx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...